Saturday, December 14, 2013

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Chad continues to send me pictures of the kids with funny captions on the days I'm at school. Here is one of Little Sis...



Archer dropped his glasses down the storm drain. No one is sure how they got down there...


 I was down at Sprinkles Cupcakes and a news reporter stopped and asked if I would answer a couple questions on camera! She asked for my thoughts on stores decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving and I gave some brilliant answer about how I didn't really care. It aired the next morning around 6:30 AM but I was already on the bus headed for school. Someone in my 8:30 AM class asked me if I had been on the morning news. A few minutes later, someone sent me a text asking me the same thing. That afternoon Chad went to the school for our yearly meeting with Della's "team" and a few of them said they had seen me on the news. Random! Who knew so many people watched the same local news channel? 

 My grandparents came all the way from California to visit us over Thanksgiving. Della was thrilled to have snuggle companions on the couch and Archer was even more thrilled to have a captive audience for his card tricks. We had such a wonderful visit with them and it was hard to say goodbye...

Grandma made a delicious Thanksgiving dinner. She did most of the cooking by herself while I finished two term papers. The turkey was probably the best I've ever had and even Archer ate some of it. He also contributed his hand lettering skills to make place settings for everyone...

We got to see Santa at our church Christmas activity. Archer (who is no longer a believer) immediately tried to amaze Santa with a card trick. But much to his surprise, Santa also dabbles in card tricks. Archer was speechless, which is a rare occurrence...

 Della has made Santa her new boyfriend. He offered her a candy cane and she was smitten...

We volunteered Archer to be a shepherd in the nativity and he was a (reluctant) good sport...


My littles and me...

No comments: