Sunday, November 10, 2013

School Days


Archer started 4th grade and Della has moved up into the Life Skills class. Here they are on the first day...


I also started school at the University of Houston....


Archer made me a special drawing for the front of my binder. It says "Finn! Brainiacs are Fragile!!!" and has some of his favorite characters from "Adventure Time." I smile everytime I look at it...



I am at school twice a week for about 10 hours a day and Chad has taken over getting the kids off to school when I'm gone. Every day he sends me pictures and updates of how the morning is going. Here is a picture of Sis on the bus...


And here is a picture of Archer on a day that he went to the school nurse saying he was "sick" and needed to go home. He's already done this twice and both days have coincidentally been while I was at school and Chad had to pick him up...



Chad has been so supportive of my going back to school. I could not do it without him. He has stepped in and taken over chores, getting kids to school, and taking them to their various activities. And of course he does this all while working and providing for our family. Sometimes I worry he is a better mom than I am! In what little spare time he has, Chad will send me funny text messages and emails throughout the day. I sent him a picture of my student ID and he whipped up these new ID's in Photoshop and sent them back to me...




As if he wasn't thoughtful enough, Chad got me this super cute backpack. He even purchased some vintage Girl Scout patches from eBay and the SEWED THEM ON HIMSELF! Seriously?!?! He's the best...

Chad and I have acquired some school spirit and last month we went to the UofH vs. BYU football game. It was a really good game. No seriously, it was really exciting with lots of scoring and great plays. Unfortunately we lost by one point in the 4th quarter and I honestly felt sadness in my heart about it. To add insult to injury, our family also watched the game but they were all rooting for BYU. That's OK, there's always next year! Go Coogs!


I leave you with videos from the kids' hoedown at school. Only in Texas do they have a square dancing unit in PE. The first video is of Archer. I'm having trouble with Della's and I'm working on it
video


4 comments:

Belle of the Blues said...

No, I specifically recall learning square dancing in California. ;)

How great that you are going to school! I know it's work, but maybe also a nice break for you to use your brain in a different way and have adult conversations?

We love you guys.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Go Cougars!!!

Hard to say who's cooler - you for going back to school, or Chad for making it possible. What are you studying?

Caitlin said...

Speech Pathology. I started 9 years ago and then stopped when kids were born. Who would have guessed I would have a non-verbal daughter.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Yeah - it's funny how things work out like that sometimes. Actually, it's probably not a coincidence at all.