Friday, July 15, 2011

I Don't Blog Because I Have No Time. I Have No Time Because...

Here is an e-mail I sent to Chad. I thought it was funny so I am sharing it with you.




 Here is what I did today:

-Convinced myself to get out of bed at 5:30AM.
-Went on run (for the 2nd time in 3 years, maybe this time it will stick).
-Showered.
-Fed kids.
-Listened to Archer list 100 reasons why he should go swimming today.
-Put Della in bath.
-Got kids ready.
-Got myself ready.
-Answered 100 Archer questions (mostly about his ideas for using Ken Burns effect in cartoons).
-Went to Dr. appt.
-Explained to nurse that Archer was joking when he said he had a headache.
-Explained to Dr. that Archer was joking when he said his cough was due to "hot fruit punch I drank."
-Tried to shush Archer as he listed to the Dr. 100 reasons why he should go swimming today.
-Got birthday gift for E.
-Made lunch at home.
-Answered 100 Archer questions (mostly about Photo Shop).
-Helped Archer start chores.
-Picked up entire upstairs.
-Checked on Della.
-Called about VTing.
-Listened to Archer list 100 reasons why he should go swimming today.
-Cleaned and vacuumed under Della's crib.
-Vacuumed half of upstairs (we have a small house).
-Checked on Della.
-Noticed that she diarrhead everywhere.
-Cleaned Della with wipes (while simultaneously answering 100 Archer questions {mostly about diarrhea}).
-Gave up on wipes and put Della in tub (again).
-Get Della (re)dressed.
-Put poopy clothes in washing machine (my jeans are included in that).
-Listened to Archer list 100 the reasons why he should go swimming today.
-Finished vacuuming upstairs.
-Put bleach in tub with potty seats and tub toys.
-Tuck Della in bed.
-Quality check Archer's chores while answering 100 Archer questions (mostly about sweating).
-Give back Archer's computer privileges, breathe sigh of relief (SILENCE AT LAST!)
-Cleaned poop off of high chair (it has stained the wood darker)
-Take a break to write Chad this e-mail.

Still Left To Do:
-Listen to 300 more reasons why Archer should go swimming today.
-Empty dishwasher.
-Wash dishes.
-Answer 400 more Archer questions.
-Sweep Della's lunch mess.
-Scripture study.

-Take a 20 min. power nap.
-Call P.
-Water roses and trees.
-Finish cleaning our bathroom.
-Somehow get mail without neighbor seeing me.

I think that is all,

Love,
Caitlin

Chad's Reply:

You're busy.

Love,
Chad 

4 comments:

Anne said...

very busy.

Beth said...

Loved this! I wish I could come over and take Archer swimming.

Beth said...

Oh and why are you hiding from your neighbor?

Kellyanne said...

sigh... I can relate to some of this although(knock on wood) haven't had to deal with diarrhea in a while. I think we need to have a universal moms vacation away for a weekend bc its exhausting. Also I'm with beth why are you hiding from the neighbor. that made me laugh!