2 years ago
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Every afternoon when I sit Della in her chair to each lunch, I start to hear little taps at the back door (which is almost entirely made of glass). It is the chickens peeking into the house...
It is probably because they see this...
Monday, January 17, 2011
Della's Big Accomplishments From The Last Year
- Started using AAC technology to communicate with us. She pushes a button on her "talk box" and the computer voice "speaks" for her.
- Took 2 consecutive steps on her own.
- Has formed opinions on things that she likes and and what she doesn't in TV shows and food.
- Learned to go up the school bus stairs holding onto the railing and the bus driver's hand enabling us to get rid of the wheelchair! This is awesome since loading a wheelchair onto a lift and waiting for it to slowly lower and then releasing the wheelchair takes a long time, especially when it is 40 degrees and pouring rain.
- Will (sometimes) eat new foods if they are slathered in ketchup.
- Has consistently done her #2's in the potty for one year! That is a HUGE deal to us.
- Mastered her fancy new walker with swivel wheels and can now maneuver around a lot faster.
- Kicked out one window screen and ripped the other 2 out of 3 screens so she can stick her head out of the family room windows to "yell" at her brother and his friends playing in the backyard.
- Realized that there are other options than whatever she is doing at the moment (like watching TV instead of sitting on the potty) and throwing massive tantrums when she doesn't get her way. This is actually good because it shows more advanced cognitive development since she used to lay on the family room carpet all day. Literally.