Friday, November 19, 2010

Wait, You Mean October Is Over Already?

Here is a rundown of our very busy October. This doesn't even include the week we spent in California!

At the beginning of the month the kids' school had Rodeo Day. The Houston Livestock and Rodeo Show came and performed square dancing, did lasso demos, explained how corn is grown, showed a model of a chuck wagon, and the kids were taught how to be rodeo clowns by real rodeo clowns (duh). We have lived in Texas for almost two and a half years, but you would never know it from our wardrobe. Archer's outfit consisted of a plaid shirt (I didn't even have a bandanna) and I think he ended up looking more like a Greaser...

I made Della skirt using the Market Skirt tutorial. It has little cowgirls and horseshoes on it...
Archer had career day at school and he wanted to dress as a "Lego Designer." I asked him what Lego designers wore which I thought was a legitimate question. He looked at me with disdain and said "A white doctor's jacket. Geez Mom." Don't worry, I was back on his awesome list after I made and laminated this badge for him to wear on the white jacket.

We participated in the ward talent show this month. Way back in June when Chad and I were deciding on what to play, we separately chose the same exact song out of our 4,700+ MP3's. Our love-mind connection is mucho strong. We played "Stay Gold" by the Apples In Stereo. This is a picture of me FREAKING out...
Chad was a total pro! OK-he has done this before, but he looked so at ease and had a smile on his face the whole time. I was really nervous and this made my mouth so dry that my upper lip was getting stuck and as you can imagine, this made singing very difficult!
Archer originally was going to play a snare and a ride. But a few days before the show he started to get some stage fright. The night before the show he burst into tears and said "What if I ruin the song? What if everyone laughs at me?" We decided downsize to just the ride. He started out a little nervous as you can see from his dead serious expression...

But he lightened up and he did a fantastic job...
As Chad and I walked off the stage we both said "That was so bad!" The more time that goes on, the worse I feel about it! My friend Marissa offered to show me some video of our performance but I literally could not bring myself to watch! BUT, the important thing here is that I actually got up and did it in spite of my extreme stage fright and I am proud of myself, even if I did play most of the song incorrectly. Then there was Halloween. I have no pictures of Archer because he was running around like a crazy person. This picture is of Della with her bestie Mylah. Della LOVES her. Mylah is so amazing with Della. She doesn't get angry when Della pulls her hair, sticks a finger in her ear, or eats her Skittles lip gloss...

If Mylah is close by, Della has to be touching her...

We had Della use Proloquo2Go on the iPad while Trick-Or-Treating. She did really well. She knew that when we walked up to a house and pushed that button, people gave her candy.


Della says she loves candy...


And that if she puts her head into the pumpkin, she gets a much better view of the goods...



4 comments:

Amanda said...

I participated in our stake talent show where I sang. At the time, I pretty much thought I nailed it. My neighbor videotaped it and was editing it tonight, so we stopped by to watch it. Aaaaand, I'm not sure I'm ever going to sing in public again. Ouch. (I asked him to take it out of the show, or at least cut it way down.)

Amy said...

I loved your video!

Marissa said...

I still think you guys rocked at the talent show. It was my favorite performance! :)

Allison said...

I'm jealous of all your pictures together. I think I just don't take a lot of photos and I pretty much never pose with Brian. This will be our year! I'm going to take bunch of pictures with Brian... you just watch.
Love the post.