Friday, November 19, 2010

Goin' To The Big D: Disneyland 2010

Our family was able to go to Disneyland while visiting Calfornia and we got in for free because we got connections like that (thank you!). The day started with the Sanchez family and the first thing we did was locate our brick. The Sanchez brick is surrounded by their family's toes (minus Eli) and the Calder brick is surrounded by, well, you'll have to guess...


Monkeys from L-R: Amy Sanchez, Tyler Sanchez, me, Della, and Miss Mia Sanchez...

Archer and Nate...


Archer thought that the carousel was boring. Don't worry, he made his own excitement...


Archer and Tyler, I think I cried a little bit in this moment...


Cousins Nathan and Mia...

The second half of the day was spent with the Millers. They live in Utah and it can be hard to line up schedules to see them, so we were delighted when they were able to join us.

Archer asking me "What's the most boringest word you can think of?" I answered "Boring." He did not think this was an acceptable answer...

Della signing to Uncle Matt that she would like some more Jungle Cruise...



Newlyweds Scott and Jill on Pirates. Oh how I missed that ride's sweet smell of damp asbestos...

On the Haunted Mansion with Heather...

Della rode with Aunt Shelley on the scooter (Archer was soooooo jealous) and two minutes after this picture was taken, Della hit the gas and ran into a guy. He wasn't very happy and poor Aunt Shelley was mortified because it looked like she was the one doing the ramming!

This was the moment that Della's mind was officially blown...


The entire group L-R: Scott and Jill Miller, Chad, Archer, me, Della, Matt and Shelley Miller, and Heather Miller...

By 9PM Della was beyond done and so I took her home. Archer however, stayed on with his (adult) cousins. Somehow they got him to ride "The Tower Of Terror." I have heard of nothing else since then...

Archer is the one with his eyes tightly squeezed shut...

Finally Archer gets his ride on the scooter...



We had a fantastic trip! It was the most exhausting, jam-packed, and busy trip we've had, but it was also the best one yet! Thanks to all who made it so wonderful.

I end with this shot of Della after we finally landed back in Houston. One of her ponytails was on top of her head and the other was over her ear. It was by far the worst rats-nest she's ever had. Actually, I think dreadlock would be a more appropriate word...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, I was doing an internet search trying to find some old friends that we met while living in CA. We both since moved to Utah but lost touch. I found your blog and saw a picture of them! Matt and Shelley Miller & their daughter Heather. I belive they had a son also. I would love to get back in touch with them. My name is Tena Allen (they would have known me with the last name Bartholomew). Our daughter are the same age. Would you have them send me an e-mail or give me a call? tena.allen@davita.com (my work e-mail) or cell phone # is 801-671-1049. Would love to catch up! Thank you!