Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Okie Dokie Artichokie




Step One...





Step Two...

Step Three...I didn't want to post a picture of me eating an artichoke with butter dripping down my face. I am sure you wouldn't want to see it anyway.


Spring lasts about 2 weeks in Houston, 4 if you are lucky. Here are some flowers in our yard...



We have a lot of sweet peas...






This is the picture that a seller on Amazon used for the daylily "Little Grapette."


Here is what mine look like. I am not sure what went wrong...

Front yard: 2 Knockout Roses, Sweet Pea Rose, 2 kinds of Salvia, Sweet Peas, 3 kinds of Delphinium, 2 kinds of Cosmos, Chinese Fringe Bush, Grapette Daylilies, Blue Phlox, Pink Jasmine, and 50 Drumstick Allium plants (I doubled my order on accident). Coming up but not flowering: Purple Coneflower, Bachelor's Buttons, Zinnias, Pentas, Penstemon, and Ox-Eye Daisy.
Delphiniums...

Sweet Pea Rose...I can't put it in the ground yet because some kind of fungus that causes leaf-spot has killed a lot of my plants. So when it gets hotter, and the fungus dies off, we will plant it. Like you really wanted to know.

This rose has a fancy French name that I don't remember and can't pronounce anyway...
We planted some Texas Bluebonnets...






4 comments:

Amy said...

Ok. so my garden doesn't look anything like what you've got going on! I'm super impressed!

Belle of the Blues said...

Love all your flowers, especially the delphiniums.

Allison said...

I honestly didn't know what artichokes looked like growing on the plant. I'm jealous of the garden. Everything is still wintery (not a word) here.

Cindy, MCOK said...

Caitlin, I think that probably is Little Grapette. In my experience, there are very few that resemble the tags! That blue-purple tone is not usual in daylilies, either. Most of my Grape daylilies are more of a red-purple.