Thursday, January 07, 2010

Della Belle's First Day of School/3rd Birthday


We made it! I was (pretty) sure Della would be fine at school. I guess I was the one that had a hard time. I don't think I have experienced a longer 3 hours. In fact, after an hour moping around the house smelling her blanket (weirdo!!) I did what any mom looking for comfort would do...went to Hobby Lobby. By the way, it's just as awesome as it's name. Anyway, the teacher said she had a "good day." What does that mean? That Della didn't cry the whole time? She also warned me that Della was really tired. Uh, yeah. I woke her up at 10:30AM yesterday. So 7:30 was early. Really early. We had a rough start...


Sassy new backpack...


When we got home, she inhaled the biggest meal I have ever seen her eat and then went to bed for 5 hours. We celebrated her birthday with chocolate cake. She poked at it with her pointy finger while making a scrunched up face. I forced a little in her mouth, she took a few bites, hucked the rest on the floor, and then threw a fit until I put her in bed.

Before I forget, Della-Bean got some fancy new legs. They have Disney Princesses on them and a hinge at the ankle. Very exciting. We also got some new kicks. Props to Chad for modifying them by cutting out the tongue, removing the insoles, and adding industrial Velcro.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Yeah Della. I'm so happy for both of you. I kept both of you in my prayers. Chad is handy... I would keep him around if I Were you.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Props to Chad AND Mom. Sweet Della couldn't have better parents.

I'll meet you at Hobby Lobby next week. ;)

Beth said...

Love the pictures!! That is so exciting that Della gets to go to school!