Monday, November 16, 2009

Go Cougs!

Got my acceptance letter today from the University of Houston's Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders. Yep- I'm going back to school and I am super freaked out about it. My last class at Cal. State was 6 years ago! When I made a visit the campus I noticed that the majority of people looked 18 years-old, smoked, and wore frighteningly skinny jeans. I am 27, don't smoke, and usually wear "mom-jeans" stained with some kind of little kid goo. Sweet. So here's to dusting off my brain and competing with hundreds of 4.8 GPA students for a small number of grad. school slots. Can't wait.

6 comments:

Jill said...

And a HUGE congratulations to you. Seriously, that's awesome. You'll do great.

Belle of the Blues said...

Congratulations, Caitlin! So exciting for you. Who will watch the kids? Are you going part time? Soren will be off to kindergarten in a couple of years and then I get to go back to school, too. Woot!

Vilate said...

I'm very excited for you!

Allison said...

Cougars... *immature snicker*

Good for you!

Nikki said...

Way to go Caitlin! It will all be worth it. I LOVE being an SLP!

Amy said...

You still look so young that soon you will be invited to all sorts of fun parties! ;)