Friday, August 07, 2009

Lest you think we have forgotten our son...


Archer's life is a little bit strange. He is half only child and half neglected sibling. For example: he never has to share the Wii, he never has someone wrecking his Lego creations, and no one ever argues with him. On the other hand: he gets dragged to several speech/physical therapy or doctor's appointments every week where he is not allowed to talk or play with any of the cool toys, he can "never go anywhere fun like the pool, the bounce house place, or the movies" because it is too loud for Della, and his sister can't play with him even though he is constantly trying to involve her. So this is an ode to Big Brother and how good he is with Little Sis...


Archer trying to get Della to play with "stuff"...


A bed he made for sissy...

TV Buddies...

Reading...


These pictures need no explanation, they tell their own story...


Archer is so patient with Della, he has never once hit her or pushed her. He likes to think he keeps her safe by bossing her around. I know she is doing something that makes him a little worried because he says her name with a Spanish accent "No Dee-lah, no! No eat crayons Dee-lah!" I am sooooooo ready for Kindergarten to start. I will miss Archer a lot, he's been home with me his entire life and I am sure I will have a very hard time the first week or two. But- I will no longer feel like the neglectful parent who is constantly telling her son to stop interrupting "baby school" (therapy) or that he can't play with her super cool giant therapy ball or that we can't go swimming because I can't take both him and Della. School is going to be good for everyone, I can already tell.


3 comments:

Amy said...

I hear you on soany levels! Tylers therapist would show up
with a hockey bag-giant - of toys and Nathan had to go upstairs with me while there was ahuge party going on with toys and games and chasing etc. He also doesn't have to share, but also he has to be more patent while Tyler is still learning how to be a normal kid. I think Archer will always have a special love for his sister. Makes me wonder if he didn't promise her in the pre-existance not to worry because he was going to be here to take care of her.

Vilate said...

I love how he was showing her how to walk in the beginning of the video you took of Della walking. He's very sweet with her. And, let's not forget, you are a WONDERFUL mother. I think that makes a huge difference!!

Vince said...

I think Archer will always have a special love for his sister. Makes me wonder if he didn't promise her in the pre-existance not to worry because he was going to be here to take care of her.

--
Vince
Home Security Systems no CREDIT CHECK everyone is approved