Thursday, December 11, 2008

You Know You Are A Big Deal If You Are The Headline on Drudge Report...

So it snowed yesterday here in Houston. I guess it was a rare occcurance. Records kept since 1895 showed the last significant snowfall occurred in 1944. Archer started flipping out. Here is the madness that ensued.

Archer was running around screaming "It's Christmas!" as loud as he could...

As you can see, the snow didn't really stick...

Archer's snowball...

The neighbor kid's snowball...

I was in the front yard taking these pictures...
...when I heard some shouting across the street. Our neighbors were in a panic trying to cover their plants to protect them. I was too chicken to take a picture of them in the yard, so I went upstairs to get my photo op...

Baby it's cold outside!

Not to worry, it will be 78 degrees on Saturday. When we moved here someone told us, "If you don't like the weather in Houston, wait 5 minutes." So true.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

The plants? Those shrubs out front? The whether there sounds like the weather here: it was 80 yesterday and today it's supposed to be 60 with a chance of rain. Go figure.

Anne & Aaron said...

I didn't know that picture was of you on the drudge report! I didn't recognize you in that scarf.

Beth said...

I laughed out loud of the picture of Archer's snowball! I love it!

Laura said...

Caitlin I love reading your blog. I feel like I am in high school again listening to all of your crazy stories....except you are married and have 2 kids. That didn't happen in high school. Totally cute kids!