Thursday, December 18, 2008

Incredible Gingerbread House

Our ward Christmas Party is tomorrow and Caitlin had signed us up to do a gingerbread house for a table center piece or something. I'm not sure what they're going to do with it exactly. I guess that part doesn't matter.
So, we decided we wanted to do something along the mid-century modern vein. Caitlin first suggested a Eichler type house but then I remembered the house in The Incredibles. So, we popped in the DVD and took a look. Here's what the house looks like:


And here's what I ended up with:


I'll be honest, it's not my best work. Truthfully, I got halfway through the project and the novelty wore off. So I did a rush job to finish. But, I think it turned out sort of alright. And, it sort of looks like the Incredibles' House. Mission successful... sort of.

This is what Archer was up to tonight:

4 comments:

Amy said...

Did anyone put 2 and 2 together? It is a very cool house.

A.Calder said...

Whats with MTV playing commericals about how cool Austin TX's music scene is. They play a commerical about it at least 5 or 6 times every hour.

kaden said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Kate
http://educationonline-101.com

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Kudos to you for being creative. I would have just done the usual chalet with gumdrops on the roof.