Friday, December 05, 2008

Día de acción de gracias

Della started off the holiday by watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with her Dad...

Then she decided she needed to be closer to the action...

She also clapped for her favorites...
Then she caught me taking pictures of her...
We had a nice quiet day, well at least until dinner was ready...

Archer cried for an hour and a half over eating 3 bites of turkey. It wasn't pleasant. We threatened some serious consequences if he made himself throw up (he does this on purpose, the most recent episode occurring 3 weeks ago over pork roast and peas). His favorite excuses are "I am pretty sure I don't like that", "I am scared", "I am not really hungry for healthy food, my body says it is hungry for candy", or the tried and true "I just can't do this thing!"
We visited the Museum of Natural Science where Archer was thrilled to see a real mummy and sarcophagus (his new favorite subjects in scary stories).

He also made a spider web at Dad's work. Notice his serious face...

3 comments:

Allison said...

Jack is envious of the spider web. That was one of his most favorite activities in your former backyard.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Oooo! We love the HMNS. Did you see the butterflies?

I'm going to try that spider web activity; my boys would love, love, love that.

Thanksgiving took a lot of advance preparation to psych the kids out for a big different meal with guests. My mistake was not telling my anal rententive hyper schedule oriented 7 year-old that the meal would be at 2pm. He sulked in his bedroom the entire time. At least he sulked in between his temper bursts. My 3 year-old at a roll. My baby would only eat mashed potatoes, but he ate so many that there really weren't quite enough for everyone else.

Nothing like cooking for 24 hours to be totally rejected by the ones you love most. :)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

My two-year-old won't eat anything I cook for dinner on typical day, much less a holiday. We ate during her nap then fed her Cheerios when she got up, so everyone was happy.