Saturday, November 22, 2008

*Insert Clever Title Here

I find myself with things that I want to blog about, but don't necessarily warrant their own post and don't really fit in with pictures of the kids either. Some of these things might include a blog that I like, a link to some good coupons, an interesting news or political story, recipes, or something fun to do with the kids. So I have decided to make a unique post dedicated to all of those random items. I haven't come up with a clever title yet that highlights my awesome wittiness, but don't worry, I will figure out something soon. I considered "Friday Favorites" but if you Google that title, a million hits come up so not only is it unoriginal, it also forces me to post once a week. Then you think of things like "Bits and Pieces" or "Odds and Ends" but those are uninspiring as well. So I will have to think about it and get back to ya'll (what, I'm from Texas now)...

The kids and I met up with Chad for lunch on Election Day and there was a woman (pictured above) wearing a shirt that shirt that said "NOBAMA" with Obama's head inside a "no" sign in place of the "o." I don't know why, but I thought this was hilarious. FYI-I didn't vote for either major candidate, I supported a write-in candidate, but that is another post all together. Anyway, I wanted to get a picture of her shirt so I started to act like I was taking a picture of Della as a way to remain inconspicuous to Shirt Lady. However I became so focused on the Shirt Lady that I was snapping pictures while Della wasn't even looking at the camera. At that point Chad started whisper-yelling "Obvious! Obvious!" I think Shirt Lady may have caught me.

Next item is a good coupon. Now that we have Della in private physical/speech/occupational therapy I am always looking for ways to save money and any extra can be syphoned into her therapy fund. It feels good to look at my grocery shopping receipt and see that I have saved $50, that's a 30 minute therapy session! Onto the coupon, it is $2.00 a Goody Ouchless Hair Product. Our Target here in Houston sells 16 pony tail elastics for $2.19 and after the coupon, I paid only $0.19!! C'mon, you know that's a good deal. You can print out the PDF without having to give them any of your information.

Last item of business is music. Chad and I have been listening to Chromeo, a Canadian band made up of a Jewish PhD French Lit. student at Columbia University and his best friend from childhood, an Arab who is a master at the keyboard/synth/talk box. They claim they are "the only successful Arab/Jew collaboration since the beginning of time".

Here is their live performance accompanied by strings on Conan O'Brien...


And their live performance with Vampire Weekend
(another excellent band) at the MTV U Woodie Awards.



3 comments:

Beth said...

I loved the picture of the nobama shirt with Della looking away! Too funny!

Amanda said...

I really like posts like this. I look forward to the occasional Fabulous Friday.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

It's hard to say which is more fun, your kids or your commentary. :)