Saturday, October 04, 2008

Get 'Er Done!


Chad has been working hard to finish up the shelves. Staining should be done today (and maybe the clear coat tonight). Can't wait to put unpack the rest of the boxes.


For the first time ever Della fed herself. We threw away all bottles (which she never figured out how to hold by herself) last week. We have started on Carnation Instant Breakfast with whole milk per the nutritionist's recommendation. Della held her cup the entire time and, with some supervision, was able to feed herself. I can't tell you how freeing this is for me. I have been feeding an infant for almost 2 years, and it really is a time consuming activity. I still have to sit down with her 4 times a day to spoon feed her baby food and cereal but hopefully that will be over soon too.

We also had a "little" fire ant problem...

8 comments:

Amy said...

Good Heck! Are you kidding me! Those ants are crazy!

Allison said...

Holy Crap! How do you get rid of them?

Ana said...

Go Della!!! So many new things in such a short time...way to go!! PS~I love the color of the walls and shelves...they are so happy!!!

Amanda said...

Whoa, that's a lot of ants. Also, I really like your shelves. I like that they are interesting and asymmetrical. Nice work Chad.

Caitlin said...

Caitlin shot the ants off the tree with the hose. Later, the pest control guy came by to service the house. We mentioned the ants and he was surprisingly disappointed that they were gone. We did find more mounds in the grass which made him giddy.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Yay for Della!

The ants are freaky.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Della looks so good.

Please, please, please, tell me where you got the plans for those shelves. I know Plantboy could do this.

Get Amdro for the fire ants. Good stuff. After heavy rains they really tend to swarm.

Zach and Kelly said...

she is super cute caightalighn. I would have been freaking out if I saw all those ants, any type uf bug creeps me out!