Friday, September 12, 2008

Pray for Mojo

We might be in trouble. We're on the boarder of Extreme and Catastrophic. I made a run to the grocery store early this morning and it was a madhouse. I grabbed up the last of the water and a few remaining loaves of bread. Caitlin had me get some baby food and by the time I got in line the remaining water was nearly gone. Here I was with 20 gallons in my cart and a crowd of desperate people looking for water. Time to jam.

After work everything was closed down. While stopped at a red light I noticed that a gas station had wrapped up all their pumps with hurricane fencing. "So that's why they call that hurricane fencing" I thought.

We're a little nervous, however, I was listening to the news on the ride home and they were covering a story about a couple of guys riding wave runners out in the surge off of Galveston. They're getting 50' waves coming over the concrete storm wall flooding Galveston and these guys are doing extreme sports. As crazy as that sounds, it made me feel a little better. I'm excited to see the hurricane up close but I'll be doing it from the safety of my bedroom.

By the way, our mobile phones aren't working very well. If you need to contact us, try email. If the power is out for more the 48 hours, we might jet to Austin.

4 comments:

eagleeyeskt said...

Oh, my gosh, I am so worried for you. I am watching the stupid Heraldo Rivera, flopping around in the storm. Dave went out to get Diesel as the prices are going up by the minute. He filled up the car, truck, and he even hooked up the trailer to fill that up.
Jeesh, Chad, poor man. We miss you and send our love. Hey, welcome to TEXAS!!!!

Amy said...

Aren't you glad you moved to Texas? I wonder if this is going to be a yearly thing for you guys. Scarey!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

This will for sure be a 50 year if not a 100 year storm. My prayers are with you and so many friends.

aaron & emily said...

you guys are hard core....hope hope everything is calming down now.