Thursday, August 14, 2008

Proud Della Moments, Funny Archer Quotes, and Random Pictures


I walked into Della's room and she had pulled herself up to a stand for the first time ever! She looked so proud of herself. Hopefully it wasn't a fluke and she is really getting stronger. Next week we have another intake meeting with Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) and we can get her started in therapy. I am frustrated at how long this is taking! I feel like weeks are passing by and nothing is being done to facilitate her development. She's already 19 months old and it seems like the gap between her and other children her age is growing wider and wider. Can you tell I have patience issues?

Moving on...Here is Della playing the drums with Daddy.

Let's get a close up of that curly hair!

When I was little I learned this nursery rhyme:
There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead,
And when she was good, she was very very good,
And when she was bad she was horrid!

This rhyme kept replaying in my head as I was feeding her breakfast...

So it's really really (really really) hot here in Texas and the humidity makes the heat even more intense. Having had skin cancer (3 years toward remission as of August 8th, thank you very much) I don't really like activities that take place in the sun. But I take Archer somewhere everyday to participate in some vigorous activity. This is why:


Every evening when it starts to cool down (to 85 degrees) all the neighbors and their kids come out to play. Sometimes it's football, sometimes it's bikes, sometimes it's power wheels, but this is exactly why we moved here. I can send my son out to play and someone will be out on the cul-de-sac watching the kids play.

Funny Archer quotes:

-"Dad, torMados are scary because you don't know when they are coming."

-"I am really not your friend right now Mom and I am not going to come in your bed every morning ever again!"

-When confronted about telling a lie "Well sometimes my mouth just says stuff."

-"Mom, I tied a rope on my bed and I can swing on it. I can also swing on vines and trees like Tarzan do's."

-"My primary singing teacher is very mysterious."

-"I can't go to gymnastics! I can't even do a flip-er-oo!"

-"How come you and Daddy get to watch Hannah Montana and I don't!" For the record we don't watch Hannah Montana.

-"But I don't want to clean up my mess, it is not fun and it is very boring."


This is the frog Chad found in his warehouse. It was the size of a softball.


Another cloud picture. I may have adjusted the color a little bit.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Sending Archer outside to play while you guys get to hang out together and watch Hannah Montana. I wish I could watch Hannah without distractions.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh girl Arch is too funny. I’m so sad you’re so far away but glad to see you’re doing well. Della is getting sooo big. Wow it’s so funny Archer totally has your personality… he is just like you! I blog too it’s… erikandjamie.blogspot.com. Hope your all doing well and we should keep in touch.
Jamie

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I'm so glad you don't watch Hannah Montana. I'm sure Della's standing is not a fluke. And you do not have patience issues--no woman who has survived cancer and what you've been through with your little girl could NOT understand patience. You just have mother bear instincts. That is TOTALLY okay. I'm sure Della will get the help she needs. The Lord already sent her to the right place to make sure of that.

Laura said...

Hey Caitlin...it's Laura (Davies) Lewis. I have not talked to you in such a long time. You have such a cute family. Just thought I would say HI

Allison said...

Does "Sometimes my mouth just says stuff" work? I'm going to have to try that out. Archer's quotes were super funny. You were awfully quick to deny the Hannah Montana watching. A little too quick....suspicious.

The Shaws said...

Hi Caitlin,

I always get a kick out of reading the stuff on you blog. Glad to hear you are liking Texas. PS Tim and I were reading your and Chad's loaded question responses the other night. We were rolling. Thank you for teaching me what a choad is.

Amy said...

archer is super funny. My kids heard that you're getting a bouncy house and are excited to come. I don't want to tell them the truth, it's too sad. Kudos to Della! I'm so proud of her! Once the intake process is done, I hope they jump all over it!

Ana said...

you know you watch Hannah Montana everyday. It is Chad's favorite show!!! I also love that Archer is not your friend so he wont sleep in your bed!! Lucky you! It is GREAT to see Della pulling up and standing...that just shows you that she is progressing on her own. Before you know it, she will be walking and your peace will be over. :)

Beth said...

I LOVE the Archer quotes! And the photos. Tell Archer hello from Beth Lamb! I hope you are getting all settled in your new home!