Friday, August 08, 2008

New and Embarrassing Stuff

We haven't done anything super exciting lately. Just the normal everyday summer stuff that ya'll (Texas talk) are up too; the park, swimming, staying indoors, and other cool activities. We went to visit Chad at work and he gave Archer some drum lessons, he has been asking non stop to go back ever since. We did have something funny happen yesterday while I was visiting teaching someone for the very first time. **Warning** I am trying to write this in the most non-offensive way, in fact, I have been debating on writing it at all. It was just too funny, and I just had to share it. So we are at this woman's house talking to her and my son is playing in a basket of dog toys. He pulls out a deflated rubber chicken and asks the woman what was wrong with it. She answers that one of her dogs chewed it and it popped. Archer moves to the side of us, opens up the chicken's legs and proceeds to try and blow into it. I see what is happening and I can already feel my face getting red. I am trying not to interrupt this woman and my visiting teaching companion's conversation and I am praying that they don't notice. I whisper yelled as quietly as I could "Archer! Get that out of your mouth. Now!" He says "What Mom? I am just trying to blow it up." Then he proceeds to pull apart the chicken's legs again and continues blowing. This time I get a little louder "Archer! Knock it off!" He answers back in a loud and exasperated tone "Jeez Mom! I am trying to just fix this thing!" Continues blowing. By now the other women have stopped their conversation and look at my son. My face was so red and I had tears in my eyes. At least it wasn't at church.



5 comments:

Amanda said...

Those are the same things we do. Glad to know someone else is in the same boat. And that picture of Archer and Della is super cute.

Lisa said...

I REALLY need to meet your kids. I love that story about Archer, what a crack up. Some of the funny things he says reminds me of you. You were always making people laugh.

Allison said...

Geez... can't you see anything mom? Della's all... "sit up... of course I sit up. I make it look easy."

Amy said...

is that a silky shirt archer has on? I love the pout face on Della.

Heather Miller said...

I picked wither Will or Joshua to win. So I was totally excited. I loved Joshua from week one so I was happy. Will was so amazing. Technically he was the best and he was beautiful! I loved this season though. I am going to the tour when it comes here.