Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Chad!

Today we celebrated Chad's birthday. We had a yummy dinner which consisted of pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw, corn, and topped it off with Grandma's famous chocolate cake.







Even Della got in on the cake action...

As I was trying to remove the beaters from the hand mixer, I accidentally hit the "on" button. I had JUST put on that shirt and thought to myself "I should really try and keep this clean because I want to wear it tomorrow." Dang it.


Archer and Della playing some sort of "clapping game." Della thinks this is hilarious.




This is Della maxing and relaxing at church today...

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Mmmmmnn, cake. Happy birthday Chad! Chad tormented me for much of my younger years. I often wrote in my diary about how much I hated him because he was so mean to me. Then he came back from his mission and for my 16th birthday, he made me some CDs of some really cool music and invited me to a show with him. He's been an awesome older brother ever since.

Allison said...

Happy Birthday Chad. I was trying to send you this multimedia text yesterday, but it never worked. I miss Della... I think she's grown since I've seen her last.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Awesome beater story. My new favorite food-thing is to put the coleslaw ON the pulled pork. Oh. wow.

Amy said...

I need the cake recipe! Can it be passed or is it secret? Happy birthday chad, I'm glad it was a great day.

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Chad! It looked like you had a great Birthday!

Have you guys thought about renting your house out here for the next few months?... Let me know if you are interested, maybe I could find someone for you.

My address is: 860 Dans Place Brea Ca 92921

ruth said...

happy Birthday Chad! Hows Texas? Looks like fun.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Your dirty shirt story is all too familiar. I've learned that if I want to wear a nice outfit for any occasion, it's best to put it on right before we walk out the door. Don't ask whether I ever actually DO that, though.