Friday, June 06, 2008

Texas or BUST!



So it's official, we bought a house in Cypress, TX which is north west of Houston. We close on the 17th of this month and we should be moving the first or second week of July. Here is a little tour of our new home...

Front door and entry-way...

Kitchen...

Eating area...

Family room looking into backyard...

Stairway leading to small loft...

Upstairs laundry room (HOORAY!)...

"Grown-up" bathroom...

Bedroom (they all look the same)...

Della says she likes the new house, but she doesn't like standing here and she would appreciate some help getting down...

Park across the street...

Community pool...

This is how all of Houston looks, thick dense forest. It could be from the 5o inches of rain they get a year...
Neighboring houses... I think these start around $350,000.

So there you have it. Our new house is 3 beds, 2.5 baths, and about 1,700 sq. ft. It is definitely on the smaller end of the houses we looked at. I just couldn't go from 849 sq. ft. and one bathroom to something huge, I mean, who is going to clean all of that? On the other hand, it is very hard to have 2 kids in one room, especially at nap time. Also, the thought of not waiting for Archer to finish doing his "business" for 20 minutes while I am trying to hold it is very appealing.

11 comments:

The Birds in TX said...

Yay! We are so excited for you. Kayden can't wait to see Archer. Let me know if you need anything:)

Amanda said...

I had no idea your present house was so small; our two bedroom apartment is 850 sq feet. Congratulations!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Congrats!

Now that I finally have a garden I suppose I'll have to start envying people's big kitchens instead. I think I'll start with yours. :)

Amy said...

so excited for you! What are you going to do with all that cabinet space in the kitchen! That's so cool

Allison said...

I'm so happy for you!

The Bruer Clan said...

How awesome is that?!! I am sure you guys are STOKED!! ;) YEA!! I do have to say...CRAP you will be missed!! Hope all is well!! MISS YA GIRL!!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Yeah! You'll have to let me know which ward you are in. That park looks familiar to me, but I'm sure there are lots of neighborhoods with parks like that. I was glad to move there in the summer--I felt like the worst was over in the first few months! Enjoy the temple for us. :)

Science Teacher Mommy said...

PS, Never mind. I just mapquested you. That is a great area--we were just off 249 toward Tomball. A little more north and a little less west than you. Brenham is a great day trip--you will defintely have to go out next spring when the Bluebonnets are on. And a great weekend trip is New Braunfels. 290 is a wonderful drive.

Bluebell said...

Yay! That is so great. I'd say we'll miss you but you're actually moving halfway across the country closer to us. We get lots of rain here, too, and everything is thick with trees. I love that it rains all summer long. The humidity, not so much. Your house looks beautiful.

The Shaws said...

It's a beautiful house! Tim is always mentioning moving out of CA. Who knows, maybe we will follow some day... Did you sell your house?

Beth said...

Your new home looks amazing! It looks like you already have grass in the backyard, and how nice to have a park and pool close by! I never realized Texas could be so green and have that much rain. I plan to how your house here in escrow before you move!