Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Easter

This year our Eater Bunny went to See's Candy. Hooray! Archer finished his chocolate bunny before 10 AM. He had Della's opened and was about to take a bite before I intervened. "But Mama, Della can't eat this bunny. She is a baby," he argued. "That doesn't mean you can eat it. This is Mom..I mean Della's bunny," I answered. It was really good. Chad had to pick up some papers at home during the second hour and he confessed that he had taken one bite of the bunny and before he knew what was going on, just the bottom half was left. It's OK honey, I understand. That happens to me more than you will ever know (and far more than I am willing to confess).

Archer says "thumbs up" to eating chocolate animals...





My thoughts on the Easter Bunny...

It is a very strange thing to lie to your child. I can see why people don't like to go on and on with elaborate stories of Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, etc. On the other hand, my son sees the world as a very magical place where anything is possible. The other day he asked me if I had been to space- because he thinks that I can do anything and everything. Anyway- the world isn't a magical place, and there will be a day when he figures that out. For now, I will let him enjoy his fantasies. So the day before Easter, we had the following conversation...

Archer: "Mommy, is the Easter Bunny real?"
Me: "What do you think?"
Archer: "I think it is a sneaky man in a costume."

Aaaaahhhhhh! Creepy! It was that day that we decided to have the "stranger" talk with him. Unfortunately Archer's world is a little less bright and a little more scary. Welcome to reality son.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Don't you love how you only buy Easter Candy that you yourself like???

Allison said...

Tristan can't understand why a bunny brings eggs. I mean... shouldn't it be an Easter chicken? And where exactly does the Easter bunny live? Ummm.... I am about ready to spill the beans, but I hate ruining the magic.