Saturday, April 19, 2008

Archer at Yo Gabba Gabba!

This morning Archer and I went down to audition for a small part on Yo Gabba Gabba! He loved it.
They had him start by holding a number sign and saying his name and age. He did it with a beaming smile.
They then asked him to say, "my name is Archer and I like to dance" which he was then supposed to start dancing. There was a small orange "X" taped to the ground that he was told to stay on. I got nervous because this was a lot to handle for a four year old but he did great. He was jumping, kicking, punching and twirling all the while staying right on the "X". By the time it was over, all present were laughing.
The audition itself was very fast, only a few minutes. Across the warehouse where the show is filmed we could see some of the set that was in the process of being assembled. Our friend Ryan Williams was nice enough to run us over for a quick picture.
In the end, we had a great time. We'll find out in a few weeks if he'll be on the show or not. Either way, just being there and seeing what we saw was enough for Archer.

4 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Good luck, Archer!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I have to say, that Yo Gabba Gabba is one freaky show. :) Still, if Archer got famous I might have to break down and let my kids watch it.

Thanks for clarifying on your last blog comment on my post--I was wondering who Chad was.

Interesting Minerva Teichart story--I scrolled down and saw that awesome painting of Esther. (By the by, wouldn't you love to have a room in your house that was just YOURS? Scrapbook table, computer, walls of books, decorated in lovely creams and blues and whites with THAT painting on the wall opposite a large window seat where there was a fantastic view of your back yard that melted into the forest . . . I digress.)

Anyway, the story. I first became familiar with her work when they put a huge picture of the second coming of the Savior in the Houston temple, above the stairs. Later, I saw a print of the same painting above the mantle in a friend's house. I told her I loved it and asked her if she knew the artist. She laughed and said it was her great-grandmother. My friend's maiden name was Teichart. Few of her paintings were still in the family (over which there had been some feuding), most of them having been given to the Church or sold to private collectors. Anyway, this friend of mine was really artistic and creative and musical--probably moreso than anyone I've ever met. Minerva died a few years before my friend was born, but when my friend was just a few years old she heard a recording of her great-grandmother's voice. She told her mom that she recognized the voice, but that she wasn't sure who it was. As my friend grew up, many of her older relatives often told her how much she reminded them of Minerva and that she had her hands exactly. She's always felt a connection to this wonderful woman she never met in this life.

I just think that is kind of cool: the imprints in our genetics left by our ancestors and the imprints in our souls left by the life we lived before this one.

Della is looking well!

The Birds in TX said...

Wow, that's kinda cool. I am not the biggest Yo Gabba Gabba fan, because it is kinda weird, but it is kind of cool to see the Aquabats on there every once in a while. You'll have to let us know if and when Archer would be on. I know my girls would get a kick out of it.
Good Luck!

Natalie said...

How did you go about getting an audition for your son? Did he get the part? Do you have any advice for mommys wanting to have their child on nick jr?