Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Della!


Yesterday was Della's first birthday. I remember Archer's first year going by so fast. I think because so much has happened to her, it seems like Della has lived enough to fill 5 years. I'll have to admit that I was a little more emotional than I had anticipated. It is hard to think back to the times when we weren't sure of she would see her first birthday. We are so thankful that she is in our family.
Enjoying chocolate cake from her mesh eater.
She really liked it...


We are trying to force Della to stand. This consists of her locking her knees and then putting as much weight as she can on whoever is helping her. Needless to say, she's not that into it. She still isn't sitting up or crawling, which is frustrating. The goal we set for physical therapy was to have her walking by 18 months. If this is the progress she has made in the last 6 months of therapy, I am not sure if walking will be accomplished in the next 6 months.




9 comments:

Amy said...

Happy birthday baby Della!!!

Amanda said...

We heart Della!

Ana said...

Happy 1st Birthday Della Belle!!! I am so glad that you are apart of our lives and that you are doing so much better. Here's to a big year of big milestones!!! You can walk in 6 months...I know it!!! Love you!

PS~I have a present for you! :)

Bluebell said...

Oh, she is so cute! I can't believe she's one already. Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

sundee said...

Your little girl is so adorable. Her blue eyes are piercing! :)

P.S. My sister studied Musical Theatre, she now goes to BYU and is hoping to get into the program there.

Lisa said...

Happy birthday, sweet girl! What adorable pictures. :)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Many happy returns, Della!

The Papavero's said...

Hey! Im glad i found your blog! Now I can see more pics of your too cute kids!!

Karin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.