Monday, December 17, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas....

Here is a rundown of our various holiday activities from the past week. Archer had his Holiday Program at his preschool and he was so over the whole thing. It is a nondenominational preschool so they sang "We Wish You A Happy Holiday" and "I'm A Little Snowperson." Yes, you read that correctly, "Snowperson." Anyway, Archer wasn't that into doing all of the little hand motions that went with the songs although he did sing. Then the boy next to him fell off the little makeshift stage. Out of sympathy for the mother, I won't be posting video of his fall. Needless to say Archer was a lot more interested in drama of the accident, and he really didn't sing much for the duration of the program. Oh well. It was cute anyway however it doesn't compare to last year's performance.

Moving onto the ward Christmas Party. I feel that the pictures are pretty self explanatory. Archer enjoying a cup cake. Meeting Santa and insisting that he wants a "Glow in the dark 'Star Wars' calendar with robots (he has no idea what "Star Wars" is). A special thanks to Santa (aka Brother Allen) for assuring Archer that he would get his calendar in spite of the fact that Calder Santa is done shopping. All I have to say is, I can't wait until he has kids. Also there are some pictures with Della and she is sporting her "faux hawk." This is what her hair looks like after her bath. Trust me, there is no way of getting it to lie flat and I am not putting hair gel on my 11 month old baby. I give her a bath at night and her hair has usually settled down by morning. It was just her luck that bath night and ward party night happened to coincide with one another.


This last picture is of the "Transformers" mask that Uncle Andrew made. Needless to say, Archer was waaayyyy into it. Andrew was so thorough in his job, that he even laminated the mask with tape. Thanks Uncle Andrew!



4 comments:

Amanda said...

Uncle Andrew never made me a mask.

Amy said...

I was looking forward to seeing the video this year! I can't believe I dropped the ball on taping Nates.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

SnowPERSON?!? I'm sure their heart was in the right place, but really now.

I kinda dig the faux hawk. And the mask is way cool.

Allison said...

Andrew made me a mask when I had to take that radiation for my thyroid. It was fabric and had an R and a W on it for Radioactive Woman. Also, he glued the R and W on with model airplane glue. I couldn't really wear the mask without the fumes making me feel funny.