Thursday, November 15, 2007

Survey

I completely forgot that I was tagged by Lisa to do a survey until Kimberly filled hers out. Chad has been on a business trip the past 6 days and I still have 3 more to go. Chaos would most accurately describe my living conditions.

5 Things I was doing 10 years ago:
  • Preparing to get my driver's license.
  • Trying to get my parents to let me go to Winter Formal 2 months before I turned 16. I was so sure that this would be my one and only opportunity to go to a school dance. They didn't let me go, and it didn't end up being my "only opportunity."
  • Going to every Aquabats concert in Southern California.
  • Being jealous of Jamilyn's "Rachel" haircut.
  • Watching "X-Files." (The new movie comes out next October!!!)
5 Things on my to do list: (I have about 100, but I will spare you the other 95)
  • Call insurance company to check the status of the claim we filed THREE MONTHS ago.
  • Send my brother Cameron a card for his "one year" mark in his mission in Taiwan.
  • Finish planning Enrichment Holiday activity.
  • Vacuum the carpet before the Physical Therapist comes.
  • Drop off dry-cleaning, go to the grocery store, and pick up prescriptions on one errand.
5 Things I would do if I were a millionaire:
  • Make sure Della got all of her health care needs taken care of instead of letting insurance pick and choose.
  • Buy a nice house.
  • Go on multiple missions.
  • Travel, travel, travel. Then take a vacation from my travels.
  • Do lots of nice things for people.
5 Things I would never wear again:
  • Biker shorts with lace on the bottom.
  • Anything "LA Gear" or "Body Glove."
  • Mixing different colored "Keds."
  • Leg warmers.
  • Layered bangs. "Make them higher mom!"
5 Favorite Toys:
  • My kids.
  • Anything that has to do with scrapbooking.
  • The computer.
  • Disneyland Pass.
  • I have no idea what else.
5 People To Tag: (or a few more...)
Going down my links list:
  • Andrew C.
  • Chantel
  • Andrew S.
  • Ana
  • Tara
  • Allison
  • Amy
  • Gina
  • Ami
  • Amanda
  • Anne
*I won't cry if you don't do it, but I will harbor a deep resentment that will last for many many years.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Fun! Thanks for doing this. I forgot about you being obsessed with the X Files. I had a period of a few years where I was pretty obsessed too. I didn't know they were coming out with another movie! I'll be first in line. I just went to IMDB to make sure David Duchovny's going to be in it, and sure enough, he is!

About your comment on Jake turning one, I totally agree. It's very bitersweet. I wonder if every birthday will be like this. I think it's because the year went by much faster than I was expecting and I'm hoping he doesn't turn 18 quite so fast :)

Amanda said...

One of my first memories of you is when you were telling us the story about how you went to go see Gillian Anderson and you wore blue pants and they had to chase you down. That was a good time.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

How fun to find things you have in common with people you don't even know!

My husband was a huge Aquabats fan. We actually own one of their CDs and I think he knew one of them when he was at Ricks. I loved the first X-Files movie and I've tried to watch the reruns, but they are on too late at night and give me reruns. I had no idea they were making a second. And who wasn't jealous of somebody who could really do the "Rachel" haircut. I am also in the middle of planning the Enrichment Christmas party. Not literally; I'm actually blogging right now to procrastinate. And the "never wear again list" reads like a shopping list from my junior high years. Missions, check. Travel, check. House, check. (I'm a little older than you.) I love to scrapbook . . . but I have to say that I draw the line at the Disneyland Pass. That is where we part ways. I hate crowds. Anyway, it was fun to check out your blog; I'm sure I'll be back some day.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Hee. . .hee. . . give me "nightmares" not "reruns." Why I don't reread my comments BEFORE I post them instead of after is beyond me.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Insurance companies . . . talk about a necessary evyl. And yes, the typo was intentional. Evyyyyl, I say!

Sundee said...

One of my fondest memories of you 10 years ago was your 16th birthday party! There was a band,I borrowed a pair of your short shorts, someone was making out with their boyfriend in your bedroom, and oh yea I had my first kiss there too!!!