Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Day-Trip Reviews

We have gone on a few day-trips lately and I thought I would post my opinion of what I thought of them. We visited the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana and Archer was much too young. I would wait until he was at least 6 or 7 years old before we tried going again.


Inside the cube.


In front of a real space shuttle.


While Chad was gone we went to The Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. We had so much fun and it was really kid friendly. I would even venture to say that kids as young as 18 months to 2 years-old would be fascinated by being so up close and personal with marine life. I made the mistake of telling Archer that there was a sting ray petting zoo. He would look at nothing else until he got to pet a sting ray, and that is exactly what we did. After getting up close and personal with rays and sharks, we were then able to see an 8 foot octopus (no pun intended), giant crabs, jellyfish, sea horses, etc. Archer also claimed to have seen Nemo and Dori! This visit was well worth the money and if you buy your tickets online you get $2 off each ticket.

The sting rays' stingers were clipped and were safe to touch.


Practicing the 2-finger touch.


Got one!


Yes, he is wearing two different shoes and no, it was not an accident. I have learned to pick my battles.

Petting sea cucumbers, sea slugs, star fish, and anemones.


2 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Cool. I'm a fan of aquariums. Hopefully Joy will be, too.

Allison said...

I agree with both your reviews. I thought the DSC was too old for my kids too. We're going to wait to go again.