Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Happy 31st Chad

Last Friday was Chad's birthday and he turned 31. We didn't to anything fancy since we have 2 sick kids and no money but we had a nice time going out to dinner anyway. Sunday my grandparents invited us over for dinner and Chad requested Papa's tacos. He ate seven. We topped it all off with Grandma's famous chocolate cake. A special thanks to them for inviting us over and my mom and Devin for making the trip all the way to Fullerton.

Archer is recovering well and yesterday was the first time that he didn't need Tylenol every few hours. He is anxious for Jack's party and to get back to school. Della is improving everyday and she sat with no support for almost 5 seconds yesterday. It might not sound like much but if you count 5 seconds it is a fair amount of time! Still waiting for MRI and blood results and we have our appointment with the geneticist this Monday.

Our garden was thriving and I was so proud of my green thumb. I am not sure where I went wrong but the whole thing was taken over my aphids, ants, and mold. We do have 3 cantaloupes, about 12 ears of corn, carrots, a few strawberries, and some peppers. Our tomatoes are on their way out and our watermelon made it to the size of a softball before it died. Bummer. We ate the cantaloupe for FHE and we all thought it was great. Chad even made a trip to the store to get cottage cheese.

So all in all we are doing well. Getting a little stir crazy, but doing well. Enjoy the pics!

Mmmmmm....tacos.




Pipe cleaners = hours of fun.



Hanging out in Della's bed.


August harvest.



Since Archer's surgery we have been spending a lot of time watching every Disney movie known to man several times a day. Chantel, you know what I am talking about. I had Della turned away from the TV in her exer-saucer but she was determined to watch "Toy Story" with us.


I know Della looks like she has jowls, but she has all over low muscle tone. Also, I can't get her to smile for the camera because of the orange light that flashes before the picture is taken. She instantly goes into investigative mode. Hence the facial expression.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the pictures of Della in the saucer!!! That is too funny.

Ana said...

It is so good to see Della holding her head up and sitting in the excer-saucer without the towel. That is a good sign. Glad to hear that Archer is feeling better and Happy Birthday Chad! I am so excited about Wicked!!! See you saturday.

Amy said...

we miss you guys!! My kids ask to see archer all the time. I know about the smiling thing , I can't get MIA to smile for the camera to save mr life.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BOY!!!!

Kimberly Bluestocking: said...

I love Della's expression in those shots. :)

Way to go with the canteloupe - mine always turned out kind of bland. Btw, insecticidal soap is a good cure for aphids. It sounds a bit scary, I know, but it's recommended by many organic gardeners, and you can use it up to the day of harvest. It really saved my pepper plants a few months ago.