Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy 50th Birthday Dad!

I wanted to dedicate a post to my dad since today is his 50th birthday. My dad has taught me so much about life and how to get through it. Here are some of my favorites.

1. You can be nice to people but most of them are out to take advantage of you.
2."I know what boys are about, I was in high school once."
3. Don't make your mom mad, just eat her meatloaf.
4. Always call when your dad pages you.
5. "Why do you want to move out when you can live here for free?"
6. Don't let go of the swing.
7. Ghoulies and Freddy Cruger aren't real.
8. It's never a bad time for 'Indian Eggs.'
9. Work hard.
10. Love the Lord.

One of my fondest memories of my dad occurred when I was a senior in high school. There was a father/daughter activity planned for mutual however my dad had an important meeting in San Diego that day. I showed up to the activity and to my surprise my dad had driven 2 hours to be at the activity with me. I was so happy to see him and it meant a lot to me that he drove all the way there. We had a really great time and I also found out that my dad is an excellent swing dancer. Then he drove another 2 hours to go back to his meeting. I still think about that day and I feel that it accurately shows what is important to my dad. He works very hard for our family and he always puts us first.

I appreciate all you have done for our family and I love you very much. Happy Birthday!

PS You were right about all of the boys I dated and I knew you were, even though I didn't want to admit it!

2 comments:

Amy said...

That was very sweet.

Allison said...

I'm choked up... for real. My dad was always right about the boyfriends too.