Friday, February 23, 2007

Best Day Yet

The blood transfusion really gave Della a lot of strength. Her color is better, her blood pressure is up and her heart rate is down. This morning I was told that she might be able to come off the vent on Saturday but a few hours later when the Dr. came around she wanted Della off the vent. that day. Four hours later they pulled it out and after a lot of coughing, she is breathing on her own. I also was able to hold her which was the best part of my day. It seems like it has been forever since I have been able to do that. She is also taking in more calories through a feeding tube to maintain her weight. Thanks to everyone who has prayed for her because I truly believe this is the sole reason she has made such a speedy recovery. Hopefully she will be moved out of the PICU and come home in a few days.

2 comments:

Debbie Bomgaars said...

Please let us know if you need us to donate blood in Della's name.

Amy said...

I found a number to call to donate blood, 714-532-8339