Thursday, January 11, 2007

Della Belle Calder









I realize the pictures are out of order, I apologize. Anyway, much to my surprise my water broke at 2:30 AM on Sunday morning, almost 2 weeks before my due date. My Dr. was on vacation, but they contacted him anyway and he decided to comeback early from his skiing trip in Big Bear. After being in labor for 8 hours Della was delivered by c-section at 10:34 AM. She weighed 6 lbs. 9 oz. and was 18 inches long. It was a long and difficult process and we are so thankful for this tiny new member of our family, she is truly a blessing, just as all children are. Archer is trying to adjust as best as he can. He either adores his sister, or ignores her. I think he does the latter because the idea of a new sister is very overwhelming to a little 3 year old. We have gotten a lot of questions about her name. My maternal grandmother's name was Della Belle Noreen Hardman and she passed away from cancer in 1995. One day her name entered my head and it just seemed right. It is special because it is a family name and Archer carries the family name Ashal which has been passed down 5 generations on the Calder side. All in all, things are good and we are very happy that Della is here.

5 comments:

Allison said...

I can't wait to meet my new neice. We all have colds here and have not wanted to spread our icky germs to the new baby.

Amanda said...

Congratulations!!!! Welcome Baby Della!!!

Caitlin said...

Sorry Allison, we may have given you that cold and although we love you, we don't really want you to come over until you are better. Just sayin' it like it is.

Melissa Mitchell said...

My mom to told me the good news!! I am so excited for you guys! Girls are wonderful. Congrats on being a family of 4!!!!
BTW... Della is a beautiful name :)

Bluebell said...

Wow, happy day! Congratulations! We love you.