Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Archer's 3rd Birthday

Before...




After...



Since Della is 3 weeks old and since I had spent the previous night at urgent care, we decided on a quiet celebration at home, just the 4 of us. Archer requested brownies (OK I encouraged it a little), and he helped me make them. We got hime a glow in the dark Lego shirt and a 'Wiggles' guitar. We don't watch that show, but he sure loves the songs it plays. It's funny because every time I buy a toy that requires lots of batteries and makes an extreme amount of annoying noise, I always promise myself that it will be the last one. I always fall for them over and over again. Also, thanks to Aunt Anne for the Sponge Bob call. Archer hasn't stopped talking about it. I am glad that you were able to watch him receive it through the iChat. My favorite part was Archer asking how Sponge Bob could be talking on the phone to him and be on TV cooking Krabby Patties at the same time (we were watching the cartoon when Sponge Bob called). Thanks Anne!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Nathan talks about the party all the time. How many more times does he have to go to bed and wake up before the party.

Amanda said...

Ah, counting days in "sleeps." How did Sponge Bob call? Was it a recording or a person?

Caitlin said...

You can order the calls online and there is a recording that calls. A couple years ago Snow White called Chad on his b-day. Also on the Orbits gum site you could order a call from Snoop Dogg for free. I'm not sure if it is still up.

Caitlin said...

There has been some questions about our urgent care visit. I went for severe pain on one side underneath my incision. Turns out it is the nerve swollen and growing back together. Yes, it is extremely painful and no, there is nothing they can do until it grows together. Bummer. I could hardly walk last weekend, but now things are getting better. Thanks to Marti who stayed with our kids.