Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Who stole our dog?

Who does that? I mean it is one thing to take some food if you are hungry, or something that you need, or even an inanimate object. But c'mon, someone's dog? I heard our gate open last night and I thought it was my grandparents stopping by, but then there was no knock. I didn't think much of it until we went to get some tacos and the gate was open and Maggie was gone. In the past, if the gate was open, Maggie would sit on the porch. OK, even if she did get out, it has been 24 hours and no one has called and said they found her. I was so angry yesterday but the scripture in Matt 5:44 played over and over in my mind (go look it up). I am going to imagine that she is in a good home full of kids who will play with her and take care of her. For now, it is my only comfort. I only hope the bitterness will subside.

5 comments:

Anne "the Hook" Calder said...

omg this is not even funny......

Caitlin said...

I know, it is really not funny. Way to teach my 3 year old that there are bad people in the world who will take your pet.

Amanda said...

And while you were home too. Poor Maggie.

Bluebell said...

Oh no! My double jogger and bike trailer pale in comparison, but I understand the anger. Grrr! But of course we have to forgive them. Owen talks a lot now about how the people who stole our jogger, they're not bad PEOPLE, they just made a bad choice. =( I'm sorry.

Sanchez Family said...

So sad...