Wednesday, October 18, 2006

So The Mayor Stopped By My House...


Here is an embarrassing moment for the record books, hope you all enjoy. As some of you know, Chad is out of town for a week so I have been playing (pregnant) single mom for a few days now. I will admit that my house is a mess with the dog chewing everything and Archer running amok. I don't mind it too much, maybe because I am so tired, I am not sure. Anyway, this morning I was in my pajamas playing with Archer when I heard a knock at the door. I ran and put on a sweater and answered the door thinking it was my visiting teacher. It wasn't. A man in a suit and tie introduced himself as Leland and explained that he had talked to my husband and that Chad had asked for a Gov. Schwarzenegger sign to put up before the election. I knew immediately who he was, Mayor Leland Wilson, who also happens to live one street over from us. I was MORTIFIED and I quickly explained that I am usually dressed by this time in the morning, but my husband was out of town and I had been up with my sick toddler, which was a lie. Don't worry though, I was punished for my fib when my healthy looking son walked up to the door with his pj's still on, one arm out of the collar, and shoving a cookie in his mouth. He then offered the half eaten cookie to Mayor Wilson, but he kindly turned down the offer. Anyway, that is my super embarrassing story, I thought I would share it with you all. I am glad that I can laugh at it and that I kind of don't care. But I am even more glad that we have a "Re-Elect Mayor Wilson" sign in our front yard. I will leave you with the comforting words that Allison left me with "What's the worst that could happen? It's not like he can turn you into Child Protective Services for feeding you kid cookies for breakfast."

4 comments:

Anne "the Hook" Calder said...

i think i give this an embarrassment factor of +3.5, now had archer been running around in the nude, and if maggie had peed in his immediate vicinity it would have had a factor of +20....
VOTE FOR ARNOLD!

Sanchez Family said...

I laughed so hard when Allison told me the story. I can only imagin how you must have felt! And when you were looking for Maggies Poo last night, that would have added to the story if your dog had come into the picture...

Caitlin said...

Oh yes, the Maggie poo. I guess I lucked out a little because she ate that poo last night, not much to clean up. But don't worry, today after being outside for almost 2 hours, she came inside and pooed on my laundry in my bedroom. Lots to clean up. I can't wait for Chad to get home and take care of his dog.

Bluebell said...

Great story! How funny.