Tuesday, October 03, 2006

New Fence







We have a fence! This is very exciting for a few reasons. The first being that we have wanted to do this for a long time. The second reason is that it keeps Archer and the dog inside the yard without Chad and me worrying about either of them running into the street. Chad designed the fence and decided to make it out of redwood and keep the natural wood instead of painting it. Elder Norton and Elder Clark helped the first day to dig holes and set the posts. The second day Dick and Andrew came over to help put up the actual fence. Then yesterday the Elders came back and Chad was able to finish. It looks very beautiful. Thanks to all who helped, it was really hard work and we really appreciate it! Maybe now people will stop mistaking our lawn for a park and I won't catch people napping in my yard.

7 comments:

Sanchez Family said...

Oh wow! It's huge! It looks real good- good job.

Caitlin said...

We need to have a cousin BBQ or something now that it is safe. Maybe before Mia comes?

Sanchez Family said...

I talked to Mia and she said that she is going to come soon. I begged and told her that tomorrow works for me, but I think we still have at least a couple weeks.

Allison said...

It looks like you have a gigantic yard. The fence is nice. Did you actually find someone sleeping in your yard? How about Sunday for the BBQ... or whenever really.

Caitlin said...

Yes, I have seen two people sleeping on the far side of our yard. It was a little creepy. Sunday sounds good. I will call everyone.

Bluebell said...

This is the part where I shed a silent tear. We want to come to the cousin bbq! Waaa! But really, your yard and fence look lovely, and that is really creepy that you saw someone sleeping in your yard. Ick.

Caitlin said...

Oh you and yours will be there in spirit! We miss you but we know you are doing what you need to for your family. Besides, I am a little jealous that you are living somewhere new, especially the east coast! What an adventure. Fall and Christmas will be so beautiful.