Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Buster Balloon


We went to Henry's today to pick up some things for dinner. For the first time, the only "Shopper in Training" cart they have was available so Archer was able to push the mini cart around the store by himself. He had the idea of pushing the cart right, but he had some trouble looking at where he was going. So there were a couple collisions through out the process.
While we were shopping, Archer and I were walking past the meat counter and I saw a man that looked very familiar. It wasn't long until I realize that we were standing next to Buster Balloon. Buster Balloon, for those of you who aren't sure, was a guy who performed on America's Got Talent. His performance consisted of him bring onto the stage a giant balloon and then climbing into it while it was inflated. Archer loved watching AGT (we Tivo'd it) and naturally he like watching the balloon guy, especially because his first balloon popped. So anyway, I bend down to Archer and said, "Archer, do you remember the balloon guy on TV?" "Yes" he replied. "Well, that's the balloon guy right there." I said as I pointed over to Buster. Archer was star struck. He stood there for about 30 seconds just staring at him. Then quietly, with out diverting his eyes from Buster, he said, "I love him". I was going to take him over to meet him, but I figure 1. That was probably enough for Archer, and 2. The guy seemed kind of weird. Caitlin took a peek at his website when we got home and found out that yes, he is kind of weird.
Video of buster can be found here at the bottom of the page, http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Talent/video/index.shtml#main

2 comments:

Allison said...

I watched the clip... is he naked in the balloon?

Caitlin said...

I seriously hope not.