Thursday, August 24, 2006

One Year Cancer Free!

August 8th of this year marks the one year anniversary of my surgery and, as my Dr. puts it, the beginning of remission (I get a clean bill of health 5 years from that date). Just to recap what happend, I had a lump on my face that turned out to be Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans (DFSP) a rare cancer that affects 1 in 2 million...lucky me. Two surgeries and over 40 stitches later, it was all gone. I am so blessed that I have not had a recurrance and had to undergo radiation and chemotherapy. A year later I am finally able to look at the pictures and I thought I would post them for those of you who are curious. I will send you this warning: THEY ARE VERY GRAPHIC! If you don't like gore or stitches, don't look. That's all for now. Clickhere to see the pictures.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations Caitlin!!! Those pictures are really interesting.

Sanchez Family said...

That's better then Super!!!

Allison said...

I can;t believe how well it healed. When you look at those pictures, it's amazing that it healed to a little fine line.